Monday, October 9, 2017

Words I Cannot Spell

I could never spell. I am not a good speller. I'm such a bad speller my parents bought me Hooked on Phonics and told this elaborate story that we were "holding" it for someone else and if I wanted to see what it was, I could for like two weeks or something. So, I went through all the tapes.

BEFORE that, my parents got me the earliest of the spellcheckers - wide calculator looking things you typed your letters into and it would search a dictionary to try to figure out what you wanted to spell.

I had a lot of words in my head, I just didn't have the ability to spell them. To this day, I am not sure how things go together. I know sometimes how they should look but I often cannot read words I haven't seen before (or names) and certain cannot spell. Thankfully, there is spell check.

In studying etymology in some attempt to learn what comes easier to others - I learned French is valuable and anything from French is jacked. Bardor? No bordeaux.

WTF IS THAT FRENCH?!

As I got older and with spellcheck, I learned errors fall into mental and physical categories. I either lack the mental ability to spell through mild dyslexia or just general incompetence or I just hit the wrong buttons on the keyboard in the wrong order.

These are words I have never spelled correctly and tend to have to use.
  • Assorize
  • Acccustic 
  • Alluminin 
  • Abilty 
  • Beggining
  • Cinnomen
  • Carbeaan
  • Catagoy
  • Diahreeah 
  • Demeiton
  • Definately
  • Disiapear
  • Eptomology 
  • Eaiser
  • Exteral
  • Feiance
  • Gazibo
  • Habdashery
  • Incrediable
  • Incompetece 
  • Jem
  • Kabootle
  • Lemenchello
  • License (or is it licence?)
  • Magistic
  • Mantenance
  • Nebluous
  • Orignally
  • Possium
  • Quiet or quite mess-up
  • Realise
  • Spegitte
  • Stratigy
  • Triganomatry
  • Unilatteral
  • Validictorian
  • Wassel or wassiel?
  • X..all words 
  • Y - I ask myself this all the time
  • Zenophobia.

I'm not even going to list words I am not sure how to spell based on...like..whatever. Like what does "choose" vs "chose" or "choosen"..."chosen"...is that a word? IDK...

But I can READ stuff just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment